08 Mar Mediterranean-style Red Snapper
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE RED SNAPPER
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth or white wine
- 1 lb red snapper or other white fish
- Reduced fat crumbled feta cheese for topping (optional)
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn slightly translucent. Add red pepper, tomatoes, black olives, Italian seasoning and broth; simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cover.
In the same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium high heat. Add fish and cook for 6 minutes turning once midway. Add tomato mixture; simmer until heated through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.1©, 2016. Optional ingredients are not included. All nutrition information should be considered approximate.
Note: Recipe can also be found in The Meal Planning Playbook available on Amazon.