27 Mar Traditional Chili
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15oz) no salt added kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Top with chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese (Optional)
In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up the pieces while cooking. Set aside.
In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add cooked beef and remaining ingredients; stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.1©, 2016. All nutrition information should be considered approximate. Note: Recipe can also be found in The Meal Planning Playbook.