02 Apr Beef Chipotle Chili
BEEF CHIPOTLE CHILI
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb top sirloin or other lean beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (12floz) non-alcoholic beer
- 2 cans (6oz) pure tomato paste
- 2 cans (15oz) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- top with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese (Optional)
In a Dutch oven or large sauté pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and sauté until browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
In same pot, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat; add onions, garlic and red pepper; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
WW Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 3*
*The Freestyle™ SmartPoints® values for these recipes were calculated by Inmyel and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® registered trademark.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2017.
Nutrition information and SmartPoints® values do not include any optional ingredients. Both should be considered approximate.