02 Apr Beef Chipotle Chili
BEEF CHIPOTLE CHILI
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb top sirloin or other lean beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (12floz) non-alcoholic beer
- 2 cans (6oz) tomato paste
- 2 cans (15oz) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- Top with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese (Optional)
In a large skillet or grill pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and sauté until browned. Set aside.
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and red pepper; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add cooked beef and remaining ingredients; stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.1©, 2016. All nutrition information should be considered approximate. Note: Recipe can also be found in The Meal Planning Playbook.