11 Jan Beef Burrito Soup
BEEF BURRITO SOUP
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (15oz) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium taco seasoning
- sour cream, avocado, cilantro and/or shredded cheddar Mexican cheese blend for topping (optional)
In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up the pieces while cooking. Drain and set aside.
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn slightly translucent. Add the remaining ingredients including the cooked beef. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2016. All nutrition information should be considered approximate. Note: Many soup ingredients continue to absorb broth after preparation. Add additional broth if soup becomes too thick.