14 Jan Chicken Souvlaki Soup
CHICKEN SOUVLAKI SOUP
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (fat free)
- ¾ lb cooked boneless skinless, chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups dry orzo (preferably whole grain)
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes; add zucchini. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer until orzo is al dente and chicken heated through.
WW Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 4*
*The Freestyle™ SmartPoints® values for these recipes were calculated by Inmyel and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® registered trademark.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2017.
Nutrition information and SmartPoints® values do not include any optional ingredients. Both should be considered approximate.