11 Jun Minestrone Soup
There are a whole lot of veggies in this soup! I usually double the amount of kidney beans for extra fiber and protein.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (fat free)
- 1 cup cut green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (15oz) no salt added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 6 oz dry pasta (penne, rotini or medium shell)
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn slightly translucent. Add celery and carrots; sauté for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
Add broth, green beans, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, kidney beans and Italian seasoning; stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes. Add pasta and cook for an additional 9 to 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
WW Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 3*
*The Freestyle™ SmartPoints® values for these recipes were calculated by Inmyel and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® registered trademark. Nutritional analysis is from
The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2017.
Nutrition information and SmartPoints® values do not include any optional ingredients. Both should be considered approximate.