07 Aug Chicken Santa Fe Style Soup
CHICKEN SANTA FE STYLE SOUP
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (fat free)
- 1 can (15oz) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1½ cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- chopped avocado, broken taco chips or cilantro for topping (optional)
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and sauté until cooked through and no pink remains. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
In same pot, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat; add onions and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn slightly translucent. Add broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and peppers. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked chicken and simmer until heated through.
Top with chopped avocado, broken taco chips or cilantro, if desired.
WW Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 1*
*The Freestyle™ SmartPoints® values for these recipes were calculated by Inmyel and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® registered trademark.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2017.
Nutrition information and SmartPoints® values do not include any optional ingredients. Both should be considered approximate.