21 Aug Chicken Tortilla Soup
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless, chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (fat free)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 can (15oz) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp reduced sodium taco seasoning
- shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend for topping (optional)
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and sauté until cooked through and no pink remains. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
In same pot, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat; add onions, garlic and bell pepper; sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn slightly translucent.
Add broth, corn, beans, tomatoes, flour and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked chicken and simmer until heated through.
Top with shredded cheese, if desired.
WW Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 1*
*The Freestyle™ SmartPoints® values for these recipes were calculated by Inmyel and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® registered trademark.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2017.
Nutrition information and SmartPoints® values do not include any optional ingredients. Both should be considered approximate.