07 Sep Chicken Enchilada Soup
CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups no salt added chicken broth (fat free)
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (10oz) red enchilada sauce
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- chopped avocado, broken taco chips, cilantro or shredded cheddar or topping (optional)
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and sauté until cooked through and no pink remains. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cool slightly then shred using two forks; set aside.
In same pot, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat; add onions and bell pepper; sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn slightly translucent.
Add broth, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and corn flour. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked chicken and simmer until heated through.
Serve with toppings, if desired.
WW Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
*The Freestyle™ SmartPoints® values for these recipes were calculated by Inmyel and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® registered trademark.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2017.
Nutrition information and SmartPoints® values do not include any optional ingredients. Both should be considered approximate.