30 Nov Chipotle Pork Soup
CHIPOTLE PORK SOUP
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed (lean only), cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15oz) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (7oz) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- chopped avocado, broken taco chips, cilantro or shredded cheddar or topping (optional)
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and sauté until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
In same pot, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat; add onions and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn slightly translucent.
Add broth, beans, tomatoes, chipotle peppers and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pork and simmer until heated through.
Serve with toppings, if desired.
WW Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
*The Freestyle™ SmartPoints® values for these recipes were calculated by Inmyel and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the SmartPoints® registered trademark.
Nutritional analysis is from The Food Processor® Nutrition and Fitness Software by ESHA Research, Inc., version 11.3.285©, 2017.
Nutrition information and SmartPoints® values do not include any optional ingredients. Both should be considered approximate.